I’m not much for New Year’s Resolutions. They are formed with good attentions and are easily forgotten by February. But, in the spirit of the rejuvenation brought on by Christmas break, I am making a short list of commitments and promises to myself for the New Year.
- Get to Smithville – I am so ready to finally get onto our property and start kicking things into gear. The work is daunting, but the potential is high.
- Get Healthy – Ok, this one is a cliché, but I have not been happy with my body since giving birth to our gorgeous little girl. I need to change that. We are about to be in a place (physically and mentally) where there is plenty of work to be done and room to do it. Add in getting back to a healthy diet and I should be on my way to feeling, and hopefully looking, better.
- Get my Degree (Finally) – I am on track to securing my Associates in Creative Writing after many years of delays. If I keep on track and keep working hard, I’ll have my degree by the end of Fall 2022.
- Find something positive everyday – This is a hard one for me, especially on days when the hits are hard. But, a body is not truly healthy without a healthy mindset, so I want to push myself to develop this positive habit.
- Continue working hard to make our dreams a reality! – This one works in conjunction with the other four. We are working hard to show our daughter that with hard work, vision, and drive, you can accomplish anything!
Look out 2022, we are going to make our dreams come true!
Happy New Year!